Exilva is a completely natural and infinitely sustainable cellulose-based performance enhancer that performs as a multifunctional additive in cosmetic systems, as well as increasing your formulation efficiency, reducing your CO2 footprint and creating exciting opportunities for innovation.
Performance from functionality
Exilva, Borregaard’s Microfibrillar Cellulose (MFC), represents the next generation of natural performance enhancers for personal care systems. In tests, Exilva shows the ability to reduce wrinkles and improve the sensoric characteristics of oil-in-water creams. Its pseudoplastic nature gives a highly positive effect on the ability to spray thick formulations and its fast viscosity recovery improves non-dripping performance. The secret behind Exilva’s excellent performance is its unique combination of characteristics from soluble polymers and insoluble particles, enabling it to both physically and chemically interact with its surroundings.
- Increases ability to spray thick formulations – extreme shear thinning and fast viscosity recovery
- Improves stability – improved dispersion and stabilization of particles
- Anti-wrinkle effect
- High tolerance of other ingredients – for example salt (10%) and ethanol (50%)
- Cold processable and easy to pump
- Better skin feel – smooth, non-greasy and improved skin moisture
- Improved hair conditioning effect
- Improved effect for decorative cosmetics