Exilva is a completely natural and infinitely sustainable cellulose-based performance enhancer that improves rheology and stability in adhesive and sealant systems, as well as increasing your formulation efficiency, reducing your CO2 footprint and creating exciting opportunities for innovation.
Multifunctionality from Exilva
Exilva is a new and innovative performance enhancer for adhesive and sealant systems that is also an environmentally friendly alternative to existing solutions. Exilva is a Microfibrillar / Microfibrillated Cellulose (MFC) characterized by its ability to form stable three-dimensional networks of microfibers in adhesives and sealants.
Exilva delocalizes stress during drying and can also control dry-out time. It also demonstrates high efficacy and robustness in harsh environments, performing in a wide range of pH (2-12) and high temperatures. It is delivered pre-activated, with no need for rehydration, ensuring a flexible process and end product.
- Improves rheology – strong thickening and shear thinning
- Very high water holding capacity – improves control of dry-out time
- Fast viscosity recovery, with thixotropic characteristics
- Improves dispersion and anti-settling of particles
- Long storage stability
- Increases flexibility in material handling and processing – stable in extreme environments and no rehydration time required
- White, VOC free and odourless
- 100% natural and infinitely sustainable – improves your environmental profile